We would like to thank all 165 schools which entered the competition to host an AuroraWatch magnetometer. There were many very strong entries which made the process of selecting just 10 very difficult. The schools selected to host an AuroraWatch magnetometer are:
- Brae High School, Shetland.
- Sanday Community School, Sanday, Orkney.
- Tobermory High School, Mull.
- St. Benedicts High School, Whitehaven, Cumbria.
- Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, Altrincham, Cheshire.
- Bishop Heber High School, Malpas, Cheshire.
- Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, Ashbourne, Derbyshire.
- Shelfield Community Academy, Pelsall, West Midlands.
- Gwernyfed High School, Brecon, Powys.
- Simon Langton Grammar School for Boys, Canterbury, Kent.
We will include the schools’ magnetometer data on the AuroraWatch UK web pages later this year.